Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Telefilm Canada/ quotes

Telefilm Canada: I know about Telefilm Canada that helps produce TV and movies in Canada. Here's the link to useful tools that has all these templates like "Exploitation Report" and business development programs.

http://www.telefilm.gc.ca/en/funds-and-programs/general-information/useful-tools

Documentary Budget Format: I found this link to "Documentary Budget Format" template. It's for a documentary, but I can probably use it for my action drama.

http://www.scribd.com/doc/8710684/Documentary-Budget-Format

Boiler Plate: I had put this on my blog earlier, but it was the Boiler Plate Summary Top Sheet. Here's the Preview Budget that has that, the Boiler Plate Budget, Cash Flow Sheet, and Cast List.

http://www.boilerplate.net/Preview_Budget.html

TV Film Rights.com: I found this good website. This is the sample pitch for log lines and synopsis's. It goes into more detail of that for things like screenplay, scripted TV series, TV reality series concepts, docu-style series,and book adaptation.

http://www.tvfilmrights.com/SamplePitch.asp

There is a section called "Sell or scout your projects." To become a registered member, you have to pay.

Pana Stream: I found this company that creates pitch packages called Pana Stream. It's based in Sacremento, San Fransisco, and Los Angeles.

The Great American Screenwriter: I've been getting these emails from The Great American Screenwriter. On my Apr. 2011 email, it said screenwriter Robert McKee was there to give a seminar. I have read his book called Story. The producer John Kerr recommended I read it. The book's really good.

I also noticed Pamela Jaye Smith in the email. I wrote an earlier post about how she pitches scripts and ideas for you.

Quotes: I got this from The Great American Screenwriter newsletters:

"Writing is easy. All you do is sit staring at a blank sheet of paper until the drops of blood form on your forehead."

- Gene Fowler

"Breaking into the film business is not a problem that resolves itself through a single answer or path. It’s a problem that succumbs only to a process, a series of efforts taken over time. And the worst part of it is, you never know which is the right strategy until it pays off. So you do everything. Whether the odds are with you are not. You do everything."

- Ted Rossario

"Write from your heart; rewrite from your head."

- Viki King

"Why not go out on a limb? Isn't that where the fruit is?"

- Frank Scully

"What is more mortifying than to feel you've missed the Plum for want of courage to shake the Tree?"

- Logan Pearsall Smith

"Do not be too timid and squeamish about your actions. All life is an experiment. The more experiments you make the better. What if they are a little course, and you may get your coat soiled or torn? What if you do fail, and get fairly rolled in the dirt once or twice. Up again, you shall never be so afraid of a tumble."

- Ralph Waldo Emerson

No comments:

Post a Comment